Today, on Higher Energy, we are joined by special guest Dr. David Gruder, who is a clinical and organizational psychologist, an award-winning best-selling author, and a highly sought speaker, trainer, and trusted advisor.
He is the founder and CEO of Integrity Revolution, which “helps ‘everyday people to world leaders’ create sustainable happiness, health, love, and success without sacrificing personal integrity or social responsibility,” through providing Essential Psychological Skills for Extraordinary Businesses, Leaders, and Wellbeing™.
Dr. Gruder joins us today to discuss helping clients get free from societal/political stress and learned helplessness that’s affecting their wellbeing, harming their relationships, & influencing them as citizens. The American Psychological Association’s Stress in America™ survey has found a growing need for psychoeducational and psychotherapeutic resources to help individuals deal with stress more effectively.
Dr. Gruder outlines the types of questions helping professionals may ask clients to understand the impact that stressors such as societal divisiveness, political polarity, and media mind jacking are having on them, along with the keys to assisting clients in nonpartisan, psychologically mature ways.
He shares the psychological skills that helping professionals can provide to elevate a client’s mindset, eliminate learned helplessness, increase self-responsibility, and replace impotent rebellious activism with solution-focused activism.
“The first key is to remember to countermand our training, our programming, that says, “This is off-limits.” To say to ourselves, “This is very much on this particular client’s mind, and my job is, of course, not to impose my beliefs on my client. At the same time, my responsibility to my client is to equip them with the ability to deal with managing the stress this is creating in them, as well as helping them become more empowered in doing something about what’s weighing on them in psychologically mature ways.”” – Dr. David Gruder
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Dr. David Gruder
- Enroll for Dr. David Gruder’s Pre-Conference 1-day Intensive at the ACEP 2020 Conference: Help Your Clients Get Free From Societal/Political Stress & Learned Helplessness on May 14, 2020, from 8:30 am-4:30 pm | Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor
- The New IQ: How Integrity Intelligence Serves You, Your Relationships, and Our World by Dr. David Gruder
- Dr. David Gruder’s signature step-by-step program, The Integrity Guide to Having It All: How to Put Your Genius Where Your Dreams Are So You Can Shift From Living a Survival Life to a Thrival Life
- Dr. David Gruder’s Wake Up, Wise Up, Step Up Podcast
- Stress in America™ survey details and full report (American Psychological Association)
- The 22nd Energy Psychology Conference: The Art & Science of Transformational Change | May 14-18, 2020 | Baltimore, MD — Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor
Subscribe & Review in iTunes:
Are you subscribed to the Higher Energy podcast? We will be releasing new episodes bi-weekly, featuring interviews with cutting-edge researchers, innovators, practitioners, and experts in the energy field who are changing the way we heal and feel by simply shifting our energy. Subscribe today so that you’ll never miss an episode! Click here to subscribe to Higher Energy in iTunes.
If you’re enjoying the show, we would be extremely grateful if you left us a review. Ratings and reviews not only tell us what you’re loving most about the Higher Energy podcast, but they also help us to grow together as a community by helping other like-minded people find the show as well. Click here to leave a review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” to let us know what you think. Thank you!