Today, on Higher Energy, we are joined by special guest Dr. Joan Borysenko, who is a distinguished pioneer in integrative medicine, a world-renowned expert in the mind/body connection, and one of the most popular and sought after speakers in the field of health, healing, and spirituality.
She is a longtime scientist, psychologist, and spiritual seeker whose work has been foundational in an international health-care revolution that recognizes the role of meaning and the spiritual dimensions of life as an integral part of health and healing.
Dr. Joan joins us today to discuss how ancient wisdom and modern science come together in the service of healing, by not only curing our physical ills but bringing us into a state that positive psychology calls our “best self” or true nature.
She provides insight on the special benefits of different forms of meditative practice, and how the epigenetic effects of mindfulness meditation may reduce harmful inflammation in the body, decrease anxiety, improve energy levels, and increase our overall well-being.
Dr. Joan explains how working with the energies of the seasons through simple healing practices, quiet contemplation, and meditations can help create a deeper sense of self, spirit, and connection by implementing small daily doses of optimism day-by-day and season-by-season.
She shares how our inner nature is deeply connected to the natural environment that surrounds us, how seasonal rhythms of nature correspond with our physical, emotional, and spiritual rhythms, and how we can use mind-body tools to maintain balance and live in harmony with each season of our lives.
“Within each of us we have a basic nature that is already connected and already wise, that is loving kindness and mercy and presence. When you quiet the default network, you can connect to something much larger, much wiser. That’s where the guidance and healing comes in.” – Dr. Joan Borysenko
Links and Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Dr. Joan Borysenko
- Pocketful of Miracles: Prayer, Meditations, and Affirmations to Nurture Your Spirit Every Day of the Year by Joan Borysenko
- Minding the Body, Mending the Mind by Joan Borysenko
- Paramahansa Yogananda Self-Realization Fellowship
- Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core of Calm, Strength, and Happiness by Rick Hanson
- Buddha’s Brain: The Practical Neuroscience of Happiness, Love, and Wisdom by Rick Hanson
- The Health Benefits of Writing About Life Goals by Laura A. King
- Character Strengths and Virtues: A Handbook and Classification by Christopher Peterson and Martin Seligman
- The 22nd Energy Psychology Conference: The Art & Science of Transformational Change | May 14-18, 2020 | Baltimore, MD — Hyatt Regency Inner Harbor
Subscribe & Review in iTunes:
Are you subscribed to the Higher Energy podcast? We will be releasing new episodes bi-weekly, featuring interviews with cutting-edge researchers, innovators, practitioners, and experts in the energy field who are changing the way we heal and feel by simply shifting our energy. Subscribe today so that you’ll never miss an episode! Click here to subscribe to Higher Energy in iTunes.
If you’re enjoying the show, we would be extremely grateful if you left us a review. Ratings and reviews not only tell us what you’re loving most about the Higher Energy podcast, but they also help us to grow together as a community by helping other like-minded people find the show as well. Click here to leave a review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” to let us know what you think. Thank you!